By Jean-Jacques Lambin (auth.)
Read Online or Download Rethinking the Market Economy: New challenges, new ideas, new opportunities PDF
Similar strategy & competition books
It isn't sufficient for corporations to easily try and locate how one can get a better price via providers. If providers usually are not totally built-in into their company approach, there isn't any approach for corporations to make sure that they are going to proceed to save cash. .. and that their offer judgements will healthy with altering organizational targets.
Welche Vorteile haben Werte speziell für Familienunternehmen? Und wie können Werte im Unternehmensalltag erfolgreich umgesetzt und gelebt werden? Hierzu antworten Experten aus Praxis und Wissenschaft anhand zahlreicher Beispiele aus unterschiedlichen Branchen und Bereichen. Familienunternehmer können so wertvolle Schlüsse für das eigene Unternehmen ziehen.
Strategic good judgment lays the principles for a transparent figuring out of company profitability and offers the reader with cutting edge insights on tips to enhance unique but real looking concepts. operating with real-life examples and in keeping with rigorous conception, the writer analyses key managerial judgements and exhibits tips on how to make certain those increase the company's long term profitability.
- Recherchehandbuch Wirtschaftsinformationen: Vorgehen, Quellen und Praxisbeispiele
- Developing Management Skills, 8th Edition
- Competing in a Service Economy: How to Create a Competitive Advantage Through Service Development and Innovation
- Industrial Research Performance Management: Key Performance Indicators in the ICT Industry
Extra resources for Rethinking the Market Economy: New challenges, new ideas, new opportunities
The Tobin tax on international transactions: already voted for by a large number of countries within the EU28, but strongly opposed by the UK. Approved by the European Council in January 2011 and by 11 countries of the EU28, with a residence condition that enlarges the application of the tax even in countries opposed to the tax (like the UK) but involved in the transaction. The extraterritoriality of the tax is strongly challenged by the UK. • The adoption of new framework legislation for credit rating agencies operating in the EU.
Volcker argued that such speculative activity played a key role in the financial crisis of 2007–10. Whether or not Congress will act to separate the two activities, seemingly so volatile when used in tandem, remains to be seen. In mainland Europe, some scholars have suggested Glass–Steagall should be a model for any in-depth reform of bank regulation. This perspective has gained ground after the unravelling of the Libor scandal in July 2012, with mainstream opinion leaders such as the Financial Times editorialists calling for the adoption of an EU-wide “Glass Steagall”.
4. 40 Rethinking the Market Economy • Accountability: ensuring that management is effectively overseen (and where necessary replaced) by appointing an independent and competent governing body. • Fairness: equitable treatment of investors, including minority investors. • Responsibility: ensuring the corporation fulfils its proper role in society. • Triple bottom line: expanding the traditional reporting framework to take into account social and environmental performance, in addition to financial performance.
Rethinking the Market Economy: New challenges, new ideas, new opportunities by Jean-Jacques Lambin (auth.)