By Michael Belden
Designed to coach you to imagine like a more matured clinician, Obstetrics and Gynecology: A Competency-Based spouse, via Michael Belden, MD, areas as a lot price on technique because it does on content material. This certain source incorporates a case-based association that hones in on crucial wisdom in obstetrics and gynecology. Its handy pocket-sized structure allows you to assessment the cloth at the pass, and on-line entry through scholar seek advice complements your research of the fabric and exponentially boosts your reference power.
- Provides high-yield center details necessary to rotations in a pocket-sized, moveable structure.
- Uses a color-coded approach that areas center details in a framework of the ACGME middle advantage.
- Offers self-assessment actions all through to advertise retention and alertness of information, together with entry on-line on your personal competency-based portfolio instruments and competency-specific studying modules (Vertical Reads).
- Features ACGME center advantage permitting you to combine evidence-based medication, continuous self-assessment, and consciousness of interpersonal abilities into your day-by-day regimen.
- Includes good points resembling “Speaking Intelligently and “Clinical considering in each one bankruptcy that can assist you see the “big picture.
- Presents “Teaching Visuals-an interactive instructing equipment designed to augment visible strategies.
- Equips you to accomplish a better assessment of obstetric and gynecological themes with “Clinical Entities that hyperlink to best references within the box.
- Includes entry to pupil seek advice at www.studentconsult.com, the place you will find the whole textual content and illustrations of the e-book on-line, totally searchable • "Integration hyperlinks" to bonus content material in different scholar seek advice titles • Self-Assessment Competency Log • Professors Pearls that offer situations with questions and annotated solutions • Vertical Reads • and lots more and plenty more!
Read Online or Download Obstetrics and Gynecology: A Competency-Based Companion PDF
Best obstetrics & gynecology books
Addresses new options and theories in sickness keep watch over and gives the newest therapy modalities. devoted to new advancements within the clinical and surgical operation of endometriosis, this reference delves into present administration controversies, examines rising healing ideas, and assists experts within the layout of latest investigations and learn paths for the learn of this universal situation.
Indicating a turning element for the longer term therapy of uterine fibroids, this examine compares and contrasts traditional surgical remedies with the speedy emergence of uterine artery embolization in its place and no more invasive process. Uterine fibroids, universal benign tumors of the uterus and pelvis, are the one most typical reason behind surgical procedure in ladies except childbirth.
Provides the functions of MRI in obstetrics and gynaecology in an in depth, but functional manner
Reviewing the fundamental technological know-how and invasive suggestions for either diagnostic and healing obstetric and perinatal methods, this up-to-date textual content explores the large development remodeled the 13 years because the prior version used to be released.
Additional resources for Obstetrics and Gynecology: A Competency-Based Companion
Know all the aspects of the case, but distill down to the important points. Be prepared to elaborate on the case if needed. For example: ■ When presenting an uncomplicated patient, it is best to keep it short: “This is a 27-year-old G1P0 woman with an estimated date of confinement of February 2 who is 38 weeks’ gestation. She presents with a chief complaint of contractions, which began 3 hours ago, are 5 minutes apart, and are extremely painful to her. Her last cervical exam was in the office 2 days ago, and she was 3 cm then.
Principles of Medical Ethics, Adopted by the American Medical Association House of Delegates, June 2001. 2. ABIM Foundation, ACP Foundation, European Federation of Internal Medicine: Medical Professionalism in the New Millennium: A Physician Charter. Ann Intern Med 2002;136:243–246. Chapter 6 The Systems-Based Practice Competency Stephen A. Gordon MD and Gerald Peden MD What is a system? … an organization forming a network especially for distributing something or serving a common purpose. Health care is frequently described as a system.
Evaluate each student according to level-appropriate standards and expectations. ■ Self-Directed Questions ■ Am I evaluating this student based on direct observation of his or her work or on hearsay? ■ What is each of my students doing well and in what areas can they each improve? ■ Am I providing helpful feedback or am I criticizing issues which cannot be changed? Chapter 9 Oral Presentations in Obstetrics Michael Belden MD Developing skills to communicate effectively with colleagues regarding patients is crucial.
Obstetrics and Gynecology: A Competency-Based Companion by Michael Belden