By Michael I. Lewis, Robert J. McKenna Jr. MD
Scientific administration of the Thoracic surgical procedure sufferer, by way of Michael I. Lewis, MD and Robert J. McKenna, Jr., MD, is a entire pulmonary and thoracic reference that takes a pragmatic method of the analysis, workup and care of the thoracic surgical procedure sufferer. it truly is geared in the direction of pulmonary and important care physicians and their trainees in addition to all different specialties with whom thoracic surgeons seek advice and have interaction. It outlines the rules for realizing the underlying ailment entities in addition to the medical implications and issues of surgical procedure, and translates key surgical innovations similar to correlative and sensible anatomy for non-surgeons. Contributions from trendy authorities...''at-a-glance'' certain key info, in addition to precis bullets...and a multidisciplinary viewpoint, mix to supply crucial suggestions for convinced sufferer administration. As a professional seek advice name it comprises handy on-line entry to the total contents of the book-fully searchable-along with videos of thoracic methods, sufferer info sheets, all the photos downloadable on your own use, and references associated with Medline at www.expertconsult.com.
- Includes entry to a spouse site at expertconsult.com the place you could seek the entire contents of the ebook, watch movies of thoracic systems, print out sufferer details sheets, obtain all the pictures, and evaluate references associated with Medline...providing you with a robust source for handy session every time, anywhere.
- Features 'real international' illustrative circumstances awarded in a quick, bulleted structure that allows easy accessibility to and retention of the material.
- Examines each element of prognosis and administration for pre-, peri-, and postoperative deal with an all-encompassing connection with reply to precise surgical problems.
- Provides insurance of person themes supplemented by means of a quick case-based presentation, the place acceptable, that lend a real-life point of view to the cloth.
- Contains all the ''need-to-know'' proof for an entire, thorough session in prognosis and therapy of sufferers who endure thoracic surgery.
- Offers functional details that makes use of the event of modern day leaders whereas in accordance with facts within the literature for insurance you could trust.
- Examines present scientific controversies, supplying you with an area for dialogue of delicate themes and counsel on most well liked methods while appropriate.
- Presents pearls, pitfalls, key issues, and different studying components in each one bankruptcy, that will help you find summaries of crucial info ''at-a-glance.''
- Features chapters written via experts of varied disciplines, to equip you with a balanced point of view on each one condition.
Your buy entitles you to entry the website till the subsequent variation is released, or till the present variation isn't any longer provided on the market by means of Elsevier, whichever happens first. If the subsequent variation is released below twelve months after your buy, you may be entitled to on-line entry for 12 months out of your date of buy. Elsevier reserves the correct to supply an appropriate alternative product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based digital model) may still entry to the website be discontinued.
Read or Download Medical Management of the Thoracic Surgery Patient: Expert Consult - Online and Print PDF
Best surgery books
As Professor Owen H Wangensteen, one of many maximum educational surgeons of the 20 th century, acknowledged: you're a actual health practitioner from the instant you may take care of your issues. steered and actual prognosis, in addition to potent remedy, of surgical problems is likely one of the most crucial parts of surgical perform.
A “find-it-now” point-of-care consultant to colorectal surgery--complete with ICD-9 codes A Doody's center identify! "As a hectic surgical resident who's usually bombarded with info from numerous various assets, i discovered this publication to be a complete quickly connection with refresh my reminiscence concerning the analysis, administration, and operative approach linked to colorectal illnesses.
Residing donor kidney (LDK) transplantation has turn into the definitive method of the therapy of end-stage renal failure, delivering a greater caliber of lifestyles and the simplest chance for survival compared to dialysis or transplantation from a deceased donor. A well timed compendium of the fashionable day perform of LDK transplantation from a bunch of exceptional foreign specialists, this article explores a few debatable facets of this cutting edge new method.
Extra info for Medical Management of the Thoracic Surgery Patient: Expert Consult - Online and Print
MESOTHELIOMA n n Surgical Resectability n Traditional response assessment by size changes with radiography, CT, or MRI. New response assessment uses morphology and function (tumor viability). Reduction in metabolic activity after one to three cycles of chemotherapy correlates with clinical response in most reports (Fig. 47 n CT conventional imaging is the main imaging technique for assessment of malignant pleural mesothelioma. Limitations of CT m N staging is limited: enlarged nodes (>1 cm) are often benign.
M SUVs usually high. Low-grade lymphoma less active. m FDG-PET good for post-therapy follow-up (Fig. 2-26) Thymic carcinoid 107 m Usually low SUV. m Increased In 111 pentetreotide activity. A Figure 2-22: A, FDG-PET in a patient with malignant thymoma with lymph node involvement. B, FDG-PET/CT fusion image. Same patient as Figure 2-20A. (Continued) Chapter 2 n Nuclear Medicine Imaging in Thoracic Surgery B C CT Transaxials Figure 2-22—cont’d: C, CT scan of same patient demonstrating mediastinal tumor involvement.
Regions that are not detected with planning CT often are detected with PET allowing inclusion in radiation field (Fig. 72-75 Changes in target volumes may increase or decrease depending on results74 of the FDG-PET scan Response to radiation therapy can be successfully monitored with FDG-PET. m Post-therapy inflammation, however, may persist for months, resulting in an inaccurate interpretation. MESOTHELIOMA n n Surgical Resectability n Traditional response assessment by size changes with radiography, CT, or MRI.
Medical Management of the Thoracic Surgery Patient: Expert Consult - Online and Print by Michael I. Lewis, Robert J. McKenna Jr. MD