By Debra Ikeda
Now in its third version, this bestselling quantity within the renowned specifications sequence, by way of Drs. Debra M. Ikeda and Kanae ok. Miyake, completely covers the fast-changing box of breast imaging. perfect for residency, medical perform and certification and MOC examination research, it provides everything you must find out about diagnostic imaging of the breast, together with new BI-RADS criteria, new electronic breast tomosynthesis (DBT) content material and movies, ultrasound, and lots more and plenty extra. Compact and authoritative, it presents updated, professional assistance in analyzing and studying mammographic, ultrasound, DBT, and MRI photos for effective and actual detection of breast disease.
- Features over 1,300 high quality images throughout.
- Summarizes key information with a number of outlines, tables, ''pearls,'' and boxed fabric for simple reference.
- Focuses on necessities to cross the forums and the MOC examination and make sure exact diagnoses in scientific practice.
- Expert seek advice™ booklet model incorporated with purchase. This enhanced e-book experience permits you to seek the entire textual content, figures, and references from the booklet on a number of units and contours DBT videos.
- All-new Breast Imaging-Reporting and information method (BI-RADS) recommendations for administration and terminology for mammography, elastography in ultrasound, and MRI.
- Step-by-step guidance on how one can learn new 3D tomosynthesis imaging experiences with instance situations, together with barriers, pitfalls, and fifty five new DBT videos.
- More proof at the management of excessive probability breast lesions.
- Correlations of ultrasound, mammography, and MRI with tomosynthesis imaging.
- Detailed foundation of contrast-enhanced MRI studies.
- Recent nuclear drugs thoughts corresponding to FDG PET/CT, NaF puppy.
Read Online or Download Breast Imaging: The Requisites PDF
Best obstetrics & gynecology books
Addresses new strategies and theories in disorder keep an eye on and gives the newest therapy modalities. devoted to new advancements within the clinical and surgical operation of endometriosis, this reference delves into present administration controversies, examines rising healing concepts, and assists experts within the layout of latest investigations and examine paths for the examine of this universal .
Indicating a turning aspect for the longer term therapy of uterine fibroids, this learn compares and contrasts traditional surgical remedies with the swift emergence of uterine artery embolization instead and no more invasive method. Uterine fibroids, universal benign tumors of the uterus and pelvis, are the only most typical explanation for surgical procedure in girls except childbirth.
Provides the functions of MRI in obstetrics and gynaecology in an in depth, but useful manner
Reviewing the fundamental technology and invasive recommendations for either diagnostic and healing obstetric and perinatal methods, this up to date textual content explores the massive growth revamped the 13 years because the prior version used to be released.
Additional resources for Breast Imaging: The Requisites
Each digital manufacturer has a detailed QC manual specifying tests, test frequencies, and pass–fail criteria. All manufacturers’ QC manuals differ in the specific tests, frequencies, and criteria. For some tests, such as mean glandular dose for the ACR phantom being less than 3 mGy, the FDA specifies that failures must be corrected immediately before that component of the FFDM system (eg, the digital mammography unit, review workstation, laser imager) can be used. Test failures that must be corrected immediately include phantom image quality, contrast-tonoise ratio, radiation dose, and review workstation calibration.
Influence of computer-aided detection on performance of screening mammography, N Engl J Med 356:1399–1409, 2007. Freer PE, Niell B, Rafferty EA: Preoperative tomosynthesis-guided needle localization of mammographically and sonographically occult breast lesions, Radiology 140515, 2015. Freer TW, Ulissey MJ: Screening mammography with computer-aided detection: prospective study of 12,860 patients in a community breast center, Radiology 220:781–786, 2001. Friedewald SM, Rafferty EA, Conant EF: Breast cancer screening with tomosynthesis and digital mammography—reply, JAMA 312:1695–1696, 2014.
2004) assessed changes in screening mammography recall rate and cancer detection rate after the introduction of a CAD system into a single academic radiology practice. 68). Feig et al. 5% to 12%. Fenton et al. (2007) conducted a retrospective study comparing SFM without and with CAD in early implementation (2–25 months). 005). A study by Gromet (2008) compared CAD-aided readings of screening mammograms with double reading without CAD. 0001). The CAD programs have the potential to increase detection of cancer, particularly for readers with less experience or lower reading volumes, at the price of somewhat lower specificity and slightly longer interpretation times.
Breast Imaging: The Requisites by Debra Ikeda